FINANCIAL PLANNING INSTITUTE OF SOUTHERN AFRICA (FPI)
1. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- FPI collects personally identifiable information, such as your identity number, email address, name and surname, home or work address or telephone number. FPI also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your region, postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by FPI. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web addresses. This information is used by the FPI for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the FPI website.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the FPI public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
- The FPI encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the FPI so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. FPI is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the FPI and FPI family of websites.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- In order to ensure that FPI always meet your needs, FPI will use your personal information in any way that FPI thinks might assist or benefit you. FPI may therefore combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order to personalise and tailor services to your special needs.
- FPI will also use your personal information in the ordinary course of its business.
- Because FPI does not want you to miss out on any of the great deals or promotions that FPI may have or that any third party may have from time to time, FPI may use your personal information for promotions and marketing. FPI may send you promotional material or details by e-mail, SMS or by post in order to update you and keep you fully advised of any promotions, news, competitions or developments which we think may be of interest to you. If any of this information relates to products, promotions, news or services of a third party and if you indicate that you would like more details, it may inform the third party to contact you directly. FPI will only send you such material or inform a third party to contact you directly if you indicated that this is agreeable to you when you registered with FPI or at any other time.
- FPI may also use your personal information for service updates and to notify you of new features or changes that may be made to this website.
- FPI will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, to:
Personal information held by or disclosed by you to third parties:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on FPI or the site;
- protect and defend the rights or property of FPI and;
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of FPI, or the public.
- The FPI website use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the FPI pages, or register with the FPI site or services, a cookie helps the FPI to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same FPI website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the FPI features that you customised.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the FPI services or websites you visit.
4. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- The FPI values the information that you choose to provide it with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information the FPI maintains is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
5. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT:
6. APPLICABLE LAW:
7. CONTACT INFORMATION: